- Chambers Global lists our China team among the top in the world for handling corporate/mergers and acquisitions in China.
- Chambers Global lists the firm among the top legal practices in the world for handling projects and energy matters in Asia Pacific.
- Four of our lawyers named World's Leading Project Finance Lawyers.
- We received the first-ever Client Choice Award from the International Law Office, the official online media partner of the International Bar Association (IBA) and an international media partner to the Association of Corporate Counsel. Based on survey responses received from more than 1,000 corporate counsel, the firm was named as the top legal practice for client service in the United States.
We were among the first international legal practices to work in China. For more than 15 years, our strong presence in Hong Kong has allowed us to assist clients with a broad range of projects throughout China. With our location in Beijing, we now have resources in two of China's key commercial and regulatory centers, enhancing our ability to provide effective service and support to our clients in this important global market.
Lawyers in our Beijing and Hong Kong locations handle a wide range of transactional, corporate, commercial, energy, investment, finance, trade, regulatory and other matters for our clients in and involving China.
Our clients include multinational companies, multilateral institutions, private enterprises, sovereign-controlled entities, individuals and others doing business in China and globally. Many of the lawyers working in our China team are natives of China and are multilingual.
Examples of the types of matters and transactions that we handle in our China team include:
- Cross-border acquisitions and mergers, joint ventures and foreign direct investment
- Infrastructure project development and finance
- Oil and gas and other energy transactions
- Private equity and venture capital investments and transactions
- Commercial real estate investment, development and finance
- Cross-border equipment leasing
- Manufacturing, licensing, distribution, agency, technology transfer and technical assistance agreements
- Corporate compliance matters
- International trade matters
- Arbitration and dispute resolution
- Intellectual property matters
Core International Service Areas
We are proud to have internationally-prominent team in the following areas, among others:
China cross-border transactional team
An important part of our international team involves the representation of clients that are engaged in investment, acquisition, project development, financing, manufacturing, trading and other transactions and matters in and involving China.
We handle both in-bound and out-bound matters with respect to China. We have advised many American, European and other businesses on the strategy, structure, documentation, negotiation and implementation of their investments, acquisitions, financings and other projects in China. We also have represented some of China's major emerging multinational companies as they expand their businesses globally.
From deepwater exploration to power plant financings, We have assisted our many energy industry clients with virtually every significant legal issue and matter affecting the international energy industry. Our Beijing and Hong Kong locations include experienced energy law practitioners who have worked internationally for most of their careers. With experience in all sectors of the energy industry, We work with a wide range of clients throughout Asia.
Our clients include major international energy companies, independent oil companies, governments, national oil companies, energy producers and generators, transporters and transmission companies, refiners and processors, construction companies, energy service companies, private and multilateral lenders and others.
Our structured and project finance team is similarly global and includes a wide range of international projects, transactions and markets. Our extensive experience includes representing multilateral and other lenders, sponsors, developers, institutional investors, contractors, operators, lessors and others in all areas relating to structured and project finance and infrastructure development.
Our project finance lawyers have assisted clients with infrastructure projects in China for many years. Our longstanding experience in China has put us at the leading edge of international legal practices in advising on project finance and development transactions in the region.
We consistently rank among the leading legal practices in the world in international arbitration, alternative dispute resolution and litigation.
We also have one of the leading intellectual property team and is consistently ranked among the leading U.S. firms for patent, trademark, copyright, licensing and other intellectual property matters.