- Chambers Global lists our China team among the top in the world for handling corporate/mergers and acquisitions in China.
- Chambers Global lists the firm among the top legal practices in the world for handling projects and energy matters in Asia Pacific.
- Four of our lawyers named World's Leading Project Finance Lawyers.
- We received the first-ever Client Choice Award from the International Law Office, the official online media partner of the International Bar Association (IBA) and an international media partner to the Association of Corporate Counsel. Based on survey responses received from more than 1,000 corporate counsel, we were named as the top legal practice for client service in the United States.
Jeffrey A. Blount
Our Hong Kong location handles a broad range of international commercial, transactional, investment, finance, securities, taxation, trade and regulatory matters.
Our lawyers represent North American, European and other entities, multilateral institutions and individuals doing business and investing in Asia, as well as Asian-based entities and individuals in their international business activities and investments in the United States, Asia and other locations throughout the world.
We advise our clients on:
- Cross-border acquisitions, mergers, dispositions and investments of all types.
- International joint ventures and other forms of direct investment, including advising on the appropriate legal form and the relevant laws and regulations affecting the approval, establishment and operation of joint ventures and other enterprises.
- Infrastructure project development and finance transactions, representing developers, owners, investors, multilateral institutions, export credit agencies, commercial lenders, project contractors, suppliers, operators and others.
- International energy transactions involving oil and gas exploration and development, transportation, refining and marketing; electricity generation, transmission and distribution; natural resources matters; and renewable energy projects.
- Commercial real estate, hotel and gaming investment, management and operational matters.
- Initial and secondary public offerings of equity and debt securities, private equity and debt financing and venture capital arrangements.
- Cross-border equipment leasing.
- Telecommunications projects and matters.
- Manufacturing, licensing, distribution, agency, technology transfer and technical assistance agreements.
- Workouts and restructuring transactions.
- International tax planning for entities and individuals.
- International trade, insurance, labor and employment matters.
- Commercial dispute resolution.
Our work in the Asia-Pacific region has included projects in China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Japan, Korea, Bangladesh, Nepal, Australia, New Zealand and other countries.
We represent clients engaged in many different businesses and industries, including oil and gas, power generation, infrastructure development, transportation, commercial real estate, hotels, gaming, telecommunications, technology, e-commerce, health care, biotechnology, manufacturing, textiles and apparel, consumer electronics, publishing and financial services, among others.